Actions to be taken against students for indulging and Abetting ragging in technical institutions Universities including Deemed to be University imparting Technical education:-
- The punishment to be meted out to be persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incident.
- Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, with regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging.
- Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible punishments for those for found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following:-
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension /expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institute.
- Collective punishment: When the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institute shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.